Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Trailhead > The Trailhead - General Backpacking Discussion
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

The Trailhead - General Backpacking Discussion The Trailhead General Discussion forum is for backpackers to discuss non-gear related wilderness backpacking issues (e.g. technique, LNT, hiking partner wanted, trip planning...) that are not covered in other PB forums.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 AM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking­™ Senior Member
Backpack: Mountainsmith Maverick 65
Sleeping Gear: ALPS +20 mummy
Shelter: Kelty Noah 9x9

i had to call off a snowshoeing trip into the cascades because of dodgy snowpack conditions(curse you, el nino!). so the planned three trips this year got shifted back - thinking of going back up to baker lake or somewhere nearby - maybe hidden lake, in mid to late summer, a fall trip to i don't quite know where yet, and I'm hitting the coast, the third beach trail down to toleak point and back in just a few weeks.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Practical Backpacking™ New Member
Backpack: Kelty Tioga 5500
Shelter: Hilleberg Soulo

Hidden Forest near Las Vegas, memorial weekend.

I'd like to explore the lakes near lone pine this summer.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Practical Backpacking­™ Associate Member
Backpack: GoLite Pinnacle
Sleeping Gear: Moonstone Lucid 800 w/Neo Air pad
Shelter: Tarptent Sublite Tyvek & Tarptent Double Rainbow

I got in a few nights on a couple trips to Big Bend National Park this year but will soon be having disc replacement surgery in my neck, followed by a major back operation (I have 7 worn out discs in my neck and back), so I'll be on the mend for a few months. Hopefully, I'll be recovered enough to hike the Buffalo River area with my brother in law in the fall.