Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ General Outdoors (Backpacking Related) > Camping
HOME Register FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Camping The Camping forum is for discussion that relates directly to wilderness camping (commonly referred to as car camping).

Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking­™ Forums Moderator

Car Camping and Backpackers - Group Dynamics

It seems like this should be pretty easy to do yet my extended group needs a few suggestions from the experts. We have hikers and campers in our group. Some are campers because they don't want to carry gear any further than from the car to the tent site, others are campers due to injuries that prevent them from backpacking. Then some of us are backpackers and feel it's giving in enough just to spend a night or two on the trail when we could be doing the whole week.
We usually pick a bi NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here

Last edited by yippikiyo : 11-08-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 PM

A lot depends on what's holding the group together to begin with. I've attended many such gathering NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Backpack: Osprey Atmos 50
Sleeping Gear: DIY down quilt
Shelter: ENO Doublenest Hammock, WB Bugnet, GG Tarp

I can't say I've ever run into a similar problem before. I've done big camping trips that split int NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here
Old 01-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

I guess I run into it on a minor scale. My folks enjoy hiking, and setting up a nice tent camp with NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

Have an Itinerary for each group. Then when the group reunites, each will have stores to tell. NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here