Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Gear Discussion > Gear Workshop
HOME Register FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Gear Workshop The Gear Workshop forum is for the discussion of homemade backpacking gear, gear modifications, and repairs.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:59 AM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member

Ultralight water purifier

I have used the "First Need" purifier for years and I like having a "Purifier" (removes virus's), but I don't like the weight (1.5 pounds).

I now use the Sawyer Mini connected to my First Need pump. This pump works on the up and down stroke...so it is fast (squeezing the Sawyer is Slooooow).

My last trip I ended up letting everyone use my system because they got tired of "Squeezing" their Sawyer's!

The Pic in [another thread] shows my 7oz system, along side the almost 1 pound filter that I don't use anymore!