Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Base Camp > Practical Backpacking™ Podcast
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Practical Backpacking™ Podcast This forum is for the exclusive discussion of Practical Backpacking™ Podcast (PBP) episodes. [NOTE: All posts in this area are manually processed -- they do not show automatically.]

Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
PBF Administrator & PB Podcast Host

PBP Episode 54 - The Unseen Africa

PBP Episode 54 - The Unseen Africa

Quote:
This episode features an intercontinental talk that I had with Francis Tapon. Francis is in the midst of a 4-year adventure in which he will visit the 54 countries of Africa. Part of his mission involves creating a television show that will depict unique features concerning life, culture, and experience throughout Africa that might otherwise be missing or is seldom presented in mainstream programming.

Wilderness hiking, car camping, and travel backpacking are essentially the ways in which Francis immerses himself into The Unseen Africa. Along the way, he’s actively working on his goal to climb the highest mountains in each African country. He’s experiencing Africa life like the locals – eating bread baked in the desert sand and bathing in urban rivers. Francis is full of stories of adventure that you are likely to hear only from him. Each country he visits will bring a wealth of things for him to share.

Listen in to discover more about his journey and some of what he’s experienced so far.

There is also a bonus audio available for download on the Practical Backpacking™ Podcast website titled Adventure Financing in which Francis shares how he funds his trips.

Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 06-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

Another excellent Podcast Reality! I listened to it on the way to and from work today. Francis Tapon is amazing. I hope he gets picked up by one of the networks. I do enjoy Anthony Bourdain and other "celebs" but I'm ready for a change of pace. Francis gets my vote.

As always, thank you for all the great work you are doing Reality. Like Francis Tapon, you are amazing too. I hope the timing and output of the podcast is an indication that you are rapidly recovering from your recent injury. It's great to have you putting out these quality podcasts again!

Best regards,
Darryl
Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfield
Another excellent Podcast Reality!
Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reality
Old 06-18-2014, 10:14 AM

Here's an associated video:

The Unseen Africa TV Series Trailer

Reality
Old 06-25-2014, 07:22 PM

Wildfield, please let me know what you thought of the bonus audio on Adventure Financing.

Thanks.

Reality
Old 06-29-2014, 06:01 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Wildfield, please let me know what you thought of the bonus audio on Adventure Financing.

Thanks.

Reality

Hi Reality and All,

I listened to the bonus audio yesterday. Very interesting. I always wondered how people spend so much time traveling, thru hiking, and the like. I guess I've more or less assumed that those who can hike almost full time must be independently wealthy.

It was very interesting to hear how Francis Tapon goes about funding his adventures and especially, the sacrifices he makes in his life and lifestyle to accomplish so much. He's really thinking outside of the box in many ways.

Thank you to you and Francis for putting together such an informative and interesting piece.

Darryl
Aquaponics 4 You
Old 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfield
Thank you to you and Francis for putting together such an informative and interesting piece.
You're welcome. Thanks you for downloading it and sharing your thoughts.

It's an interesting topic. Many are eager to embark on journeys of their own, and are looking for ways to finance their trips.

Reality