Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Base Camp > Practical Backpacking™ Podcast
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Practical Backpacking™ Podcast This forum is for the exclusive discussion of Practical Backpacking™ Podcast (PBP) episodes. [NOTE: All posts in this area are manually processed -- they do not show automatically.]

Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
PBF Administrator & PB Podcast Host

PBP Episode 51 - Hiking Goals

PBP Episode 51 - Hiking Goals

Quote:
In this episode, Kolby Kirk talks with me about his hiking goals, journaling, trail adventures, and creative projects.

Kolby speaks candidly about his hiking experiences and shares his personal approach to getting the most out of his time spent in the wilderness. The Hike Your Own Hike mentality is alive and well in Kolby's feelings regarding trail mileage and gear selection.

Kolby has led many new adventurers on their first hikes into the wild, and his down-to-earth passion and sense of creative adventure that shines in this interview will, undoubtedly, inspire many more to head into the backcountry.

Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 03-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

Hi Reality,

I finally was able to listen to this podcast in its entirety. Great interview! I especially liked Kolby's comments on journaling. I hadn't really given journaling much thought, so it was very informative to hear what he had to say on this topic. I also liked his very down-to-earth demeanor...just an everyday-guy who loves to hike and has really incorporated it successfully and effectively in his everyday living. Very inspiring indeed.

Thanks again for all the work you do to create these fantastic podcasts.

Darryl
Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 PM
PBF Administrator & PB Podcast Host

You're welcome, Wildfield. I plan to produce more soon.

It's good for us all to explore our minds and desires to discover what goals we can set for ourselves. There are some creative backpackers here on PBF. It would be great to know what goals others are setting and achieving.

Both goals and journaling can reveal our own unique approach to the backcountry.

Audio, photographic, and video journaling are of interest to me at this point. Sharing with others who are unable to get out there is particularly rewarding.

Reality
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member

I loved this podcast. Especially the comment to hike your own hike. It brought some great family discussion as well as personal contemplation.

Additionally, I have to agree on the journaling aspect. As a long time journaler, have a written record is so important for self improvement, goal keeping, and personal and family history.