Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ General Outdoors (Backpacking Related) > Wilderness Photography
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Wilderness Photography The Wilderness Photography forum is for the discussion of photography (videography) gear, experience, and technique as it directly relates to wilderness photography. PBF members may also post self-owned photos that have been uploaded to the PB Gallery or as post attachments. Offsite links and offsite photos are prohibited. Please see ("sticky") instructional post located at top of threads.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:56 AM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking™ New Member

After some bad experiences with Kingston (card fell apart) and Trascend (corrupt image files) I'm sticking solely with Sandisk.

I use Sandisk Extreme 8GB SDHC cards and Sandisk Extreme 8GB CF cards. Since I shoot landscapes the small sizes aren't much of an issue, but with live events and all coming up I've been using larger 16GB and 32GB versions lately. Still stick with 8GB sizes for landscapes though.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Practical Backpacking­™ Associate Member
Backpack: GoLite Pinnacle
Sleeping Gear: Moonstone Lucid 800 w/Neo Air pad
Shelter: Tarptent Sublite Tyvek & Tarptent Double Rainbow

SanDisk 8GB SDHC

It sure beats hauling forty rolls of film!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member

I usually stick with sandisk or PNY SD card. I like to stay in the 1 or 2 gig range, but hose are harder and harder to find. I also don't reformat my cards, I store them like old school negatives, I hate the idea of a hard drive crash wiping out all my pics. I like the smaller size cards because I don't shoot video so I don't need the extra space. Plus I have found that smaller cards seems to be quicker.

Now tech heads on here can shoot my logic down, but a smaller card should be faster because there is less space to index and catalog so my camera can locate the free space and write faster. Not to mention smaller cards are cheaper and if I need to take more than 120 high res pictures in one outing I am spending to much time behind the camera.
Please Click to Visit These Sites
Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

Question Help...

Just got a SanDisk 4 gig Micro HC card w/adapter. The camera doesn't recognize it and my PC doesn't see it when (using the adapter) plugging it into my PC slot. Any suggestions on how to get it recognized so I can format the little beast?

(Running Win XP)
Sponsored links