Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ General Outdoors (Backpacking Related) > Travel Backpacking
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Travel Backpacking The Travel Backpacking forum is for discussion that relates directly to international backpacking (also known as independent travel). Subject matter should involve the elements that comprise this type of backpacking: budgeting, cultural tips, backpacking gear, hostels, and transportation.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 AM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking™ New Member

Ireland Trip

Hello all. I'm currently attempting to plan a trip to Ireland, tentatively in June '09. I'm very intrigued by the Irish 'Way' trails that I've read about. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding detailed information on accomodations along these trails. As I will be doing other things during my stay in Ireland, I was hoping to hike one of the 'Way' trails (or any other trail) that allows me to stay in some type of accomodation (hostel/B & B) each night. I'm looking to do a hike lasting from 4 - 7 days and I'm comfortable hiking 15 - 20 km per day. I would prefer to be in more rural/natural areas, but I realize that I can't get too picky here. Any information/experiences that you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

I just goggled "Ireland hiking trails" and the first listing, hidden trails, had information on the various way trips. Once you decide on which one you want to make, you can go to the Ordnance Survey web site and purchase the necessary maps. At that point, I'd suggest checking out the Hostel International website for possible hostels along your path as well as goggling for Ireland B&Bs. Another good source of information should be the Lonely Planet guidebook; I'd try their website.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

Have you gotten any closer to making your trip?