Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Base Camp > Practical Backpacking™ Podcast
HOME Register FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Practical Backpacking™ Podcast This forum is for the exclusive discussion of Practical Backpacking™ Podcast (PBP) episodes. [NOTE: All posts in this area are manually processed -- they do not show automatically.]

Old 01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
PBF Administrator & PB Podcast Host

PBP Episode 40 - Backpacks 101

PBP Episode 40 - Backpacks 101

Quote:
This episode is all about backpacks! Those with questions such as "Which pack should I get?" or "Is this pack big enough?" will be provided a wealth of information to help them with their decision making process.

Brian Frankle of Ultralight Adventure Equipment (ULA) in on board with me to talk about a full-range of topics related to backpacks. Listen in for a generous overview of pack attributes, usage tips, and problem solving.

Whether you're planning a dayhike or a trek across country, this episode is likely to touch on something that will be of interest and practical application.

Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 01-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member

Best to date

I have been an avid listener of your podcasts and have listened to all of them. I also listen to numerous other backpacking podcasts. I have to say that your latest on backpacks is the best backpacking gear podcast I've heard. Very informative and complete. Something for new and experienced backpackers, and applicable to all who backpack.

Keep up the good work.

--Kurt
Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 PM

Excellent Podcast once again, thanks! I sure was informed. Though not a ULA specific podcast, more general, I will definitely have to consider a ULA pack in the future. It was good to hear a gear discussion from an experienced and active outdoor pursuer who gives immediate practical feedback and hands on contribution regularly. Brian knows packs.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Practical Backpacking­™ Associate Member
Backpack: Camelbak RimRunner, Osprey Volt 60, Kelty Redwing 50
Sleeping Gear: Kelty LightYear Down 20 / ENO Doublenest Hammock
Shelter: Granite Gear White Lightnin' tarp

+1

Great one!

I always look forward to these but this one was just the bomb! If the enthusiasm of Brian Frankel doesn't just make you feel good about the whole planet, well then you're not paying close attention. As for the podcast itself, I think it was really well done, organized clearly and complete.

Good job, Reality!

Ben
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member
Backpack: ULA Conduit
Sleeping Gear: Marmot Atom and Thermarest Neoair
Shelter: Custom 9x9 Tarp

Just wanted to echo what has already been stated above. This was a great podcast. As an owner of 3 ULA packs, its always great to hear Brian talk about one of his favorite topics: Backpacks.
This was very informative and should be a must-hear for those looking to update or upgrade their backpacks.
Thanks again Reality,
UL
Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 PM

Good Stuff! I'd never considered a UL pack before, but now I certainly will. Thanks
Aquaponics 4 You
Old 09-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Backpack: Golite Jam, ULA Circuit
Sleeping Gear: Lafuma 1000g DN
Shelter: Hennessy ULBA

Backpack selection made easy

I thoroughly enjoyed the Backpack 101 podcast (and look forward to hearing others). Was in the market for a new pack and between the podcast and great information provided by members in the forum, was able to quickly settle on one without even asking any questions. Super resource! Ordered a Golite Jam2 today. Will report after trying it out.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Practical Backpacking™ New Member

I really enjoyed this podcast and appreciate all the info I obtained from it!