Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Base Camp > Practical Backpacking™ Podcast
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Practical Backpacking™ Podcast This forum is for the exclusive discussion of Practical Backpacking™ Podcast (PBP) episodes. [NOTE: All posts in this area are manually processed -- they do not show automatically.]

Old 11-09-2007, 04:40 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
PBF Administrator & PB Podcast Host

PBP Episode 31 - CDT Yo-Yo

PBP Episode 31 - CDT Yo-Yo

Quote:
In this episode, Francis Tapon shares the exciting details of his extraordinary Yo-Yo of the Continental Divide Trail.

Francis hiked north on the CDT from Mexico to Canada and immediately turned around at the Canadian border and hiked southbound back to Mexico. This first-ever trek covered nearly 6,000 miles and took over 6 months to complete.

Listen in to hear Francis tell his inspiring story, and to learn how he accomplished such an amazing journey. Why did he do it? How did he manage the cold, bears, loneliness, and seemingly endless miles? Which gear worked for him and which didn't? What life-lessons did he bring back? This episode is packed with candid answers to these and many other questions.

Warning the information in this episode may be lead to a hiking addiction -- but if you want more, be sure to check out the journals, photos, and videos on Francis Tapon's website.
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 11-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Practical Backpacking­™ Associate Member

Great stuff! This is of particular interest to me since I'm considering doing at least the northern portion SOBO to Yellowstone beginning in mid to late June. I'd hoped to do more, but I'm having difficulty convincing my wife that she will be fine alone for an even longer period of time than she was this year.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Practical Backpacking­™ Valued Member
Backpack: jam2
Sleeping Gear: 3 season TQ
Shelter: 10x11 hex tarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoddy
Great stuff! This is of particular interest to me since I'm considering doing at least the northern portion SOBO to Yellowstone beginning in mid to late June. I'd hoped to do more, but I'm having difficulty convincing my wife that she will be fine alone for an even longer period of time than she was this year.

my wife sells scrapbooking supplies... that'll keep her busy for a few months!

nice episode as always, keep 'em coming
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Practical Backpacking™ New Member

especially enjoyed this extended talk with Francis Tapon. great job Reality! I now plan to purchase his book as a result of the interest generated from this interview. Keep up the great work.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member

This is great stuff! Great interview!

I love this podcast. I don't know why I did not notice the podcasts before.

I greatly appreciate this report. I have read journals I do not believe. I read only one journal that seemed real. I have seen the "road walks"

I like the way he did the CDT. He really experienced it.

This report is the "real deal".
Old 07-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Regular Member

I can't believe what a great find the PBP podcasts have been for me. I've listened to most of the podcasts at least one time. I've just finished listening to this interview of Francis Tapon sharing details of his CDT Yo Yo hike. WHat a great and inspiring interview.

Thanks a million for your great work through your many podcasts and especially for your interviews with Francis Tapon.