Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Gear Discussion > Shelters
HOME FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Shelters The Shelters forum is for the discussion of backpacking shelters (tents, tarps, poncho-tarps, bivy sacks,...).

Old 03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member

Ooutdoor Research Micro Night Bivy (Micronight)

Has anyone used the Outdoor Research Micronight bivy? Any issues with condensation? Does it have a bathtub floor as it appears in OR's photos,or is the darker gray colored band around the edge also Pertex? Thanks.
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 03-21-2008, 02:14 PM
© 2006-2016 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking™ New Member

I have used it a couple times with different results. Once with a fair amount of condensation build up and the other times with very minimal amount. I am waiting to use it in a couple of weeks with warmer spring time weather. The time I had significant condensation the temperature and dew point were basically the same. Everything had severe condensation. The bottom is a bathtub floor made of the heavy gray material and the top is pertex endurance. So far I would say it is worth the money. However, it can't compete with MLD and the momentum fabric tops.