Practical Backpacking™ Forums

Welcome to Practical Backpacking™ Forums (PBF).

You are currently viewing PBF as a guest which has limited access. By becoming a PBF member, you will have full access to view and participate in tens of thousands of informative discussions, to view links and attachments (photos), and will gain access to other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free! Click to Become a PBF Member! Be sure to also explore the Practical Backpacking Podcast.

Go Back   Practical Backpacking™ Forums > Practical Backpacking™ Gear Discussion > Backpacks
HOME Register FAQ PBF GUIDELINES BLOG PODCAST GALLERY STORE CALENDAR Mark Forums Read

Backpacks The Backpacks forum is for the discussion of backpacking packs (including front packs and pack accessories: hipbelt pockets, pack covers,...).

Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
© 2006-2014 Practical Backpacking™ / All Rights Reserved
Practical Backpacking™ New Member

Backpack straps for pacemaker implants?

I am a lucky male wearer of a implanted pacemaker, and I want to re-enter the world of backpacking soon. Does anyone know of any alternate shaped backpack shoulder strap that can bypass the pacemaker area on the left shoulder about 2 inches anterior of the neck, right under the collar bone? The skin covering the implant gets irritated very quickly, even with just a T-shirt rubbing against it at times. NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Practical Backpacking™ Junior Member
Backpack: REI Flash 65
Sleeping Gear: U.S. MIL modular sleeping bag- Patrol
Shelter: Coleman Tents

I just saw your thread and wondered if you ever figured anything out? I have a pacemaker as well, a NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here
Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Backpack: Kelty Redcloud (temporary)
Sleeping Gear: Kelty Corumel
Shelter: Nemo Losi p3

what about something like an adhesive foam donut? if you could find adhesive backed flexible foam th NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here
Please Consider PBF Sponsors
Old 03-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Backpack: REI Flash 65
Sleeping Gear: U.S. MIL modular sleeping bag- Patrol
Shelter: Coleman Tents

I do have various thickneses of soft foa I could try. I am hoping the rubbing will not be an issue, NOTE: The remainder of this post can be read by logging in. For free PBF membership click here